Monday, February 13, 2012

Any excuse will serve a tyrant

Once upon a time a Wolf was lapping at a spring on a hillside, when, looking up, what should he see but a Lamb just beginning to drink a little lower down. "There's my supper," thought he, "if only I can find some excuse to seize it." Then he called out to the Lamb, "How dare you muddle the water from which I am drinking?"

"Nay, master, nay," said Lambikin; "if the water be muddy up there, I cannot be the cause of it, for it runs down from you to me."

"Well, then," said the Wolf, "why did you call me bad names this time last year?"

"That cannot be," said the Lamb; "I am only six months old."

"I don't care," snarled the Wolf; "if it was not you it was your father;" and with that he rushed upon the poor little Lamb and .WARRA WARRA WARRA WARRA WARRA .ate her all up. But before she died she gasped out ."Any excuse will serve a tyrant."

Tired of reading? Add this page to your Bookmarks or Favorites and finish it later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pak Bill,

Its me Mahathir from the Kulimtown blog.Long time no hear..Iam glad youre still well and in the best of health.Sad to inform you Pak Bill that my Mom passed away on the 18th of July 2011. I took care of her during good health as well and in her final days right to the end. I did all the final rights as a son is required to do . May she rest in peace.Amen.

Mahathir

climatesavvy said...

so what's the moral of the story? is the wolf trying to reduce the carbon footprint left by the lanmb?

Anonymous said...

Or maybe it was trying to keep the water supply pure- instead of letting the horrid lamb pollute it! Or maybe is was trying to promote the growth of the food web by following the natural processes of the ecosystem

Unknown said...

क्या एक साँप!